I'm a girl from West Seattle who married a boy from Spokane, and together we are living our life with our sweet children, James and Juliet

Monday, August 26, 2013

Happy first birthday to our sweet baby James!

James is quite the social butterfly. He flashes his toothy grin to everyone and cuddles like no other. He rests his head against my shoulder, pats my back and just loves to crawl or walk over for a quick hug. At the playground he waves and says hi to all the kids. I still can't get over how much he smiles.

He says hello, hi, all done, Mama, and Dada.  I love this stage because it is simply amazing to watch how your babies learn language. He points to the diapers when I tell him he needs a change, he smiles when I say we will get Juliet, and shakes his head no to me.

He walks so well already! Once he took his first steps last week, he has been unstoppable. He is quite solid too, which makes it much easier on me and my worries.

James adores music. He claps along with songs, smiles when I sing to him, and his favorite toys are our musical instruments.

He is quite passionate as I like to say because he is quick to cry if his feelings are hurt but also to let you know how much he loves you with a smile and hug when you make eye contact with him while he is playing.

Animals, especially birds and dogs, excite and fascinate him and his sister of course is his favorite friend.

I feel so blessed to have two happy, healthy children, and can't wait to watch this next year unfold.

As I tucked him into bed last night and ever so gently touched his head so as not to wake him, the emotions of what today is hit me. Thinking about the morning of his birth last year, wondering in anticipation of what was about to unfold, and getting to hold him for the first time was just the best feeling. I can't imagine finding anything that makes me as happy as the day we had our children.

Happy birthday sweet boy. We'll love your forever.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment